Fall 2020 Updates and Resources for New International Students
Are you a current or continuing Foothill College or De Anza College F-1 student? If
so, please visit either the Foothill College or De Anza College COVID-19 update page and continue to check your email for important updates.
During these uncertain times, we want to do our best to provide some certainty—Foothill College and De Anza College will continue to be here to support you in pursuing your academic goals.
We are still accepting applications for the Fall quarter!
- If you are admitted for the Fall 2020 quarter, you will be able to register for, and attend, courses online from your home country for any reason
- Support services, such as counseling and tutoring, will be available online during Fall 2020
- International Student Programs (ISP) will assist you with your I-20 and visa interview preparation, even if you begin your studies online as a non-F-1 student. ISP will also offer an orientation and other virtual activities
- You may choose to defer your admission to a later quarter, such as Winter or Spring 2021 without paying any additional fees
For the safety of Foothill and De Anza's, faculty and staff and all their families, summer and fall classes will be held virtually—with a limited exception for a select number of lab courses as circumstances allow.
Your success is very important to us. Please see our recommendations when taking courses online while outside the U.S.:
- Register for fully online courses, so you can complete the course work on your own time. These courses are designated with a W (Foothill College) or Z (De Anza College)
- Online campus services, such as counseling, tutoring, International Student Programs etc., will be offered during designated hours. Please check each office’s website for availability
- Communicate with your professors and reach out for help if you need it
Online courses are not a good fit for some students:
- If you live in a location that has significant internet restrictions, we do not recommend taking online courses. Due to unavoidable government restrictions in some countries, selected course content may not be available, even when using a VPN
- You will require a reliable internet connection and access to a computing device
If you have any questions, please reach out to us to chat about your particular situation.
A Note About Tuition and Fees.
Many factors are taken into consideration when calculating tuition and fees, including
our ability to offer access to leading faculty and educational resources. Tuition
and fees also help us offer student support services such as tutoring, counseling,
and International Student Programs, all while ensuring that your courses are transferable
no matter how they’re delivered. There will be no changes or reduction of our tuition
or fees based on instructional method. International students will continue to receive
a high quality, affordable education from the top community college District in California.
International Student Application & Student Status Page
COVID-19 Updates for International Students
De Anza College
Online Learning Resources
Preparing for Online Learning
International Student Programs (General questions)
Foothill College: firstname.lastname@example.org
De Anza College: email@example.com
International Student Admissions (Application information or to defer your admission)
Foothill College: firstname.lastname@example.org
De Anza College: email@example.com
Last updated on July 7, 2020