Fall 2021 Updates and Resources for New International Students
Are you a current or continuing Foothill College or De Anza College F-1 student? If
so, please visit either the Foothill College or De Anza College COVID-19 update page and continue to check your email for important updates.
During these uncertain times, we want to do our best to provide some certainty—Foothill College and De Anza College will continue to be here to support you in pursuing your academic goals.
We are accepting applications for the Fall 2021 quarter!
- If you are admitted for the Fall 2021 quarter, you will be able to register for, and attend, courses online from your home country or enter the U.S. to take courses mostly online (per current F-1 immigration guidance)
- Support services, such as counseling and tutoring, will be available online during Fall 2021, but please be aware that services are available in the California time zone, which may be at odd times depending on your location
- International Student Programs (ISP) will assist you with your I-20 and visa interview preparation, even if you begin your studies online as a non-F-1 student. ISP will also offer an orientation and other virtual activities
- You may choose to defer your admission to a later quarter, such as Winter 2022, if you decide not to begin taking couses in Fall 2021 or if you're unable to travel to the U.S. (We do not have further information on method of instruction for the Winter 2022 quarter at this time).
A note about the Fall 2021 application deadline:
Our Fall 2021 deadline is July 31st, 2021. Applying early has benefits:
- Access to the highest selection and variety of courses available
- Have more time to complete your math and English assessments before course registration begins
- Take part in academic counseling workshops
- Attend the full international orientation event and receive international support and services
You can still apply and submit documents after the July 31st priority deadline as applications will still be reviewed; however, we strongly recommend applying as early as possible to receive the full access to courses, counseling, and other support services.
Your success is very important to us. Please see our recommendations when taking courses online while outside the U.S.:
- Register for fully online courses, so you can complete the course work on your own time. Please check the course footnotes to confirm if there are any specific meeting times.
- Online campus services, such as counseling, tutoring, International Student Programs etc., will be offered during designated hours. Please check each office’s website for availability
- Read through all course syllabi carefully for information on required books, assignments, deadlines, etc., and plan ahead
- Communicate with your professors and reach out for help if you need it
Online courses are not a good fit for some students:
- If you live in a location that has significant internet restrictions, we do not recommend taking online courses. Due to unavoidable government restrictions in some countries, selected course content may not be available, even when using a VPN
- You will require a reliable internet connection and access to a computing device
If you have any questions, please reach out to us to chat about your particular situation.
A Note About Tuition and Fees
Many factors are taken into consideration when calculating tuition and fees, including
our ability to offer access to leading faculty and educational resources. Tuition
and fees also help us offer student support services such as tutoring, counseling,
and International Student Programs, all while ensuring that your courses are transferable
no matter how they’re delivered. There will be no changes or reduction of our tuition
or fees based on instructional method. International students will continue to receive
a high quality, affordable education from the top community college District in California.
Return to Campus Planning
Both Foothill College and De Anza College have created a proposed timeline and begun preparations for returning to campus. Planning around COVID-19 public health guidelines is complex. We anticipate that most courses will continue to be held online in Fall 2021. Please see below for more information and note that the plan is still evolving and is subject to change. This information is current at the time of posting.
De Anza College Return to Campus Plan: https://www.deanza.edu/return-to-campus/
Foothill College Return to Campus Plan: https://foothill.edu/return/
ISP does not have additional information regarding any changes to F-1 regulations at this time. We strongly recommend that all applicants continue to monitor the website and their email for important updates.
International Student Application & Student Status Page
COVID-19 Updates for International Students
De Anza College
Online Learning Resources
Preparing for Online Learning
International Student Programs (General questions)
Foothill College: email@example.com
De Anza College: firstname.lastname@example.org
International Student Admissions (Application information or to defer your admission)
Foothill College: email@example.com
De Anza College: firstname.lastname@example.org