We are happy that you are considering submitting an application to Foothill College or De Anza College. Applying is simple.
For important updates for Winter 2021 applicants and admitted students, please click here.
Please note our application deadlines and other important application information below:
|Application deadline||August 28th (Fall 2020 only)*||October 31*||January 31*|
|Mandatory Orientation||Early September||Mid-December||Mid-March|
|Classes begin||Late September||Early January||Early April|
* If you have missed the application deadline for a particular quarter and still wish to apply, please contact the international admissions office at either Foothill College or De Anza College and the team will review your request. We highly encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible to ensure the highest availability of courses and services.
- Submit the application and upload all required documents, including the payment of
the $75 application fee if applying for the winter 2021, spring, or fall 2021 start
terms. Please note that the payment of the $75 application fee will be waived for fall 2020
applicants who apply on or after April 22, 2020 through August 28, 2020.
- Copy of the biographical (photo) page in your passport
- Proof of English proficiency (see below)
- High School/Secondary School Transcripts *
- College or University Transcripts (if applicable only) *
- Copy of I-20 from current institution, current visa, and I-94 card (for students transferring in from another U.S. institution only)
- Confidential Financial Statement, documentation, and $75 shipping fee if applying for winter, spring, or fall 2021 start terms. The shipping fee will not be charged for mail sent within the U.S. or for students applying for the Fall 2020 start term as of April 22, 2020. This step can be completed post admission, please see below.
* An English translation of your documents may be required
Please note: students must be 16 years of age or older before the first day of orientation to be eligible for admission to the colleges.
|Test of English Proficiency||Full Admission||Summer Intensive|
|TOEFL||61 iBT or 46 PBT||52-60|
|IELTS||6.0||5.0 - 5.9|
|iTEP||Level 4||Level 3.5|
|Pearsons PTE Academic||45|
|Cambridge English||175 Advance Exam|
Other English Proficiency Waivers (Must be verified by a transcript or other documentation)
|English Proficiency Waivers||Score/Documentation Required|
|High school/secondary school completion in countries where English is the primary language of instruction||Transcript|
|Completion of 3+ years at an international high school/secondary school where the primary language of instruction is in English||Transcript|
|IB (International Baccalaureate) English A HL or SL||4 or better|
|Completed English A and B courses in Sweden or Norway||Sweden: C or better
Norway: 4 or better
|Completed college level English classes at a U.S. College or University||C or better|
If you’d like to apply for conditional admission through a partner English language school, please review a full list of our partners and their requirements on our English Language School flyer. You can also visit the Foothill College or De Anza College International website for more details.
The Summer Intensive English Program is a great opportunity for international students with lower English proficiency test scores to start their studies in the Summer and then transition directly into the Fall quarter without having to retake an English proficiency test. Both Foothill College and De Anza College offer the program. Please visit the Foothill College or De Anza College international website for more information, including cost and deadlines.
You can complete this step either during the application process or after you have already been admitted. In your application portal, upload a letter from the bank verifying that you or your sponsor are in “good standing” and have at least $26,750.00 U.S. dollars available for the first year of your education expenses. The letter/documentation must not be more than six months old. At this time, you will also be prompted to pay a $75 shipping fee if you’d like your I-20 document and admission packet sent to you by express mail outside the U.S. or if you're applying for a start quarter other than Fall 2020.