We are happy that you are considering applying to Foothill College or De Anza College. Applying is simple.
For important updates for fall 2021 applicants and admitted students, please click here.
Please note our application deadlines and other important application information below:
|Application deadline||July 31st* in-person
September 10th online
|October 31*||January 31*|
|Mandatory Orientation||Early September||Mid-December||Mid-March|
|Classes begin||Late September||Early January||Early April|
* If you have missed the application deadline for a particular quarter and still wish to apply, please contact the international admissions office at either Foothill College or De Anza College and the team will review your request. We highly encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible to ensure the highest availability of courses and services.
- Submit the application and upload all required documents, including the payment of
the $75 application fee if applying for spring, summer, or fall 2022 start terms. Application fees will be waived for all applicants for fall 2021 and winter 2022 terms
as of 6/17/2021.
- Copy of the biographical (photo) page in your passport
- Proof of English proficiency (see below)
- High School/Secondary School Transcripts *
- College or University Transcripts (if applicable only) *
- Copy of I-20 from current institution, current visa, and I-94 card (for students transferring in from another U.S. institution only)
- Confidential Financial Statement, documentation, and $75 shipping fee if applying for winter, spring, or fall 2021 start terms. This step can be completed post admission, please see below.
* An English translation of your documents may be required
Please note: students must be 16 years of age or older before the first day of orientation to be eligible for admission to the colleges.
Attention Chinese students studying in the Chinese national curriculum: If you do not plan to complete the third year of high school or receive your high school diploma and if you are under 18, please upload the following documents our online application (instructions in our application):
- Certification of Completion of Senior High Schools Courses for Graduation Form
- Huikao or Xueye Shuiping Ceshi examination results with passing scores in a minimum of five subjects
- High school transcript
|Test of English Proficiency||Full Admission||Summer Intensive|
|TOEFL||61 iBT or 46 PBT||52 - 60|
|TOEFL Essentials||6.5||5.5 - 6.0|
|6.0||5.0 - 5.9|
|iTEP||Level 4||Level 3.5|
|Pearsons PTE Academic||45|
|Cambridge English||175 Advance Exam|
Other English Proficiency Waivers (Must be verified by a transcript or other documentation)
|English Proficiency Waivers||Score/Documentation Required|
|High school/secondary school completion in countries where English is the primary language of instruction||Transcript|
|Completion of 3+ years at an international high school/secondary school where the primary language of instruction is in English||Transcript|
|IB (International Baccalaureate) English A HL or SL||4 or better|
|Completed English A and B courses in Sweden or Norway||Sweden: C or better
Norway: 4 or better
|Completed college level English classes at a U.S. College or University||C or better|
Not sure what you'd like to study? Explore our 100+ majors and programs!
If you’d like to apply for conditional admission through a partner English language school, please review a full list of our partners and their requirements on our English Language School flyer. You can also visit the Foothill College or De Anza College International website for more details.
The Summer Intensive English Program is a great opportunity for international students with lower English proficiency test scores to start their studies in the Summer and then transition directly into the Fall quarter without having to retake an English proficiency test. Currently, the program is offered at De Anza College. Please visit the De Anza College international website for more information, including cost and deadlines.
You can complete this step either during the application process or after you have already been admitted. In your application portal, upload a letter from the bank verifying that you or your sponsor are in “good standing” and have at least $26,750.00 U.S. dollars available for the first year of your education expenses. The letter/documentation must not be more than six months old. At this time, you will also be prompted to pay a $75 shipping fee if you’d like your I-20 document and admission packet sent to you by express mail outside the U.S.